Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Deb's Book Nook: Marbles by Ellen Forney A Graphic Novel

Marbles is a memoir about a woman's struggle with mental illness, Bipolar Disorder. This story is told in graphic novel form which adds a whole new and fresh dimension to reading a memoir.

Marbles is refreshingly funny, yet allows you grasp the many struggles of living with this disorder. I loved the comic panel cartoon drawing format! The facial expressions in this story are everything! I many times found myself laughing out loud reading this.

The character is an artist who grapples with taking or not taking medication to manage her condition because of her fears that she will loose her natural creativity, and her eventual acceptance of this as a part of who she is instead of just a condition.

I highly recommend this book. It's an easy read because of the format. This story helps me to deal with any physical conditions, or even stressful life conditions with a little more gratitude and an ability to approach my reactions to them with humility and patience.

I give this book ***** 5 Stars!!!
Get it Read it!

No comments: