Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Help! Kelp Noodles!!

Recently I have discovered the ever popular kelp noodles. As they were difficult to find, I was very excited when I finally found them. The store employee told me that either you like them or you don't and I was sure I would, seeing that I Love all other sea vegetables, nori, dulse...

When I arrived home I excitedly researched various recipes to 'play' around with. Eventually, I decided on my own, a stir fry ( Not a raw preparation ). I used some of my fave veggies some spices, seasonings and a mild sauce and tossed in the kelp noodles. It looked like a masterpiece! I couldn't wait to dive in!!! However, after I did I couldn't wait to dive back out!! The stir fry itself was very tasty...it's the noodles I couldn't stomach. Yuck, Ew, Gross, Ug and all the rest!!! I think it's their texture that turns me off. The noodles themselves are neutral in taste, sort of, I thought I rinsed them pretty well. I felt like I was chewing on raw worms or nasal drippings ( Sorry anout the grossness! )

I tried to finished the meal, after all I went through the trouble of finally finding them, but I just couldn't. The noodles on their own are crunchy, unless you add a sauce to them, though they maintain their firmness. I tried the raw in a salad as well, but I just wanted to vomit! That says a lot for me because I have tried many unusual things and liked them.

Oh well, for all those who enjoy these kelp noodles, chew away LOL! That was one experience I don't care to repeat!!!!

No comments: