Monday, August 20, 2012

Using my I Pod to enhance my spiritual experience

The nice thing about the age were living in is that we can take most things we do at home with us using technology like tablets and such. I thought I'd share how my I pod keeps me connected to my spiritual walk wherever I am.

One of my favorite apps is the You Version Holy Bible. The user interface is clean and easy. I can pull up, a scripture or reading plan from one of many at the flick of my thumb. I also like how it can read to me, I can take notes, keep a journal and connect with others.

I have the Olive Tree Bible Reader which allows me to download books and sermons and e books pertaining to the Bible at a glance. It works like i books and stores all my reading neatly on my bookshelf.

I took the Joyce Meyer web page and made it as an app on my I pod so I can pull up and listen to a sermon or read anytime I choose.

I love the app i Talk to God. I can with this app look up, any struggle I'm dealing with and find scriptures to help me through my troubles. I've been struggling with forgiveness lately and I looked it up while in line at the market and was able to connect to the word right then and there. This is what I like so much about mobile spirituality!

I have a few other favorite websites I've added onto my I pod as apps so it takes me right to them instead of going into safari or something. A few more of my favorites are Joel Osteen website, Our Daily Bread, a time held spiritual magazine that has daily inspirational scriptures to read or listen to. God Life is another great one that's filled with readings and video on various life subjects to help you to get to know Jesus. Jesus Texts is an actual app that gives little spiritual nuggets each day.

There are plenty of apps in the I tunes store as well as bibles and meditations and spiritual tools. God is always with us, but it's nice to have the tools handy for wherever our lives take us! God Bless😊

No comments: