Friday, November 9, 2012

Walkout Progress

I'm back and no I didn't forget to post, I've been making a few adjustments to my workout routine. First of all, I still like doing Leslie Sansones walking at home DVDs and I'm getting a great workout especially all of her five mile tapes.

However I've recently discovered that its not a pattern for me to start switching up my routine, I now know that it's the way my body responds best. I used to think I didn't have much attention span to be loyal to one particular workout, but that wasn't so. I stay most focused and work out more effectively when I mix it up. It keeps my body from getting used to a particular workout but more importantly it keeps my mind refreshed so that I push myself to actually Do the workout. So instead of feeling bad about not following through on what I thought I would be doing, I'm happy about this breakthrough moment of honesty. After all the whole point of this is to get and keep myself healthy.

Lesson learned not to get stuck on doing something a certain way because it was planned that way. Life is changed and rearranged frequently as one progresses through it. I'm joyful to not box myself in and to have the freedom to create and recreate my path as I go. This week I've started part of the Hip Hop Abs cardio workout by Shaun T from Beach Body. I'm not the best dancer around but even I could do the moves and it's fun and a heck of a workout! I will be interchanging this with running on my rebounder for the week. Sounds like a good plan! Until next later, work it out in good health!

No comments: